Questions about using video in your lectures
What audiovisual (AV) resources can I find in the lecture rooms?
On rooster.uva.nl you can find which AV resources are available per room.
How can I record my lectures?
- Most large lecture halls at the UvA have the option of fully recording your lectures. You will receive support in recording and publishing your web lecture online. Complete the form to request a web lecture.
- Do you teach in one of the other halls?
Then you can record your lecture using a Brio webcam via Zoom or Kaltura. You can share the recording yourself via Canvas.
How can I organise my teaching synchronously hybrid?
There are three ways to do this:
- With a webcam (Brio) that is in every lecture room. You do not need to apply for this.
- With a 360 degree camera (Owl). This is suitable for small groups on location up to about 10 people. You can reserve an Owl via the page 'Borrowing AV equipment > AV-set 360 webcam (Owl)'.
- In the Hybrid Learning Theatre at the REC. This room can be reserved through your scheduler.
How can I record a knowledge clip?
At various locations (see overview below) there are knowledge clip studios in which you can record your own videos with a DIY recording set and the Kaltura Capture application. More information can be found at the subject Kaltura (video platform).
Location Room Faculty PCH 1.14 / 3.19 / 5.56 FGW REC E / REC E / REC M 0.12 / 5.22 / 3.02 FEB REC D / REC G / REC C 3.01 / 1.27 / 10.83 FMG
Where can I find the manuals for AV resources?
On the page 'Manuals for AV resources' you will find instructions for connecting the screen and speakers in a lectureroom, for using cameras and for recording knowledge clips.
How can I have audio or video professionally recorded?
You can have your video professionally recorded by the Audiovisual Center (AVC). There are additional costs for this.
Assistance with the use of audiovisual resources
Every UvA location has employees who manage the audiovisual technology in the lecture and workgroup rooms. Is this your first time using audiovisual equipment? If so, you can request via the Service Desk FS startup support five working days in advance. Are you dealing with a malfunction, equipment that is not working or do you need help? If so, call the Service Desk FS as well. An on-site employee will then come to the room to assist you.
How do you integrate video into your lectures?
Before you use recordings and videos in teaching, it is advisable to think about the way you will do this. The Teaching & Learning Centre of your faculty offers support.